Saturday, November 24, 2018

Insomnia Thoughts

I keep waking up in the night.

For some strange unknown reason, my body decides to wake me up in this ungodly hour. Hour when even the street dogs no longer care what goes around, curse whatever spirits loom large and shut their eyes and ears. That weird hour when it almost feel like daylight is approaching yet darkness still stay put like a stubborn, drunk party reveller. Where characters from the dream and reality blend in together, fluid like inks of different colours on a white, clean paper.

And, it is in this hour, that you always come to me. So quiet at first that I never notice your arrival. For your arrival is always at the exact same time as when I find myself confused in this half-dream world, filled with thousand voices, sounds, characters and faces, as if I were on a peak-hour train platform in Delhi.

You always observe me first from a distance. Follow me out until I go to a quieter place. Wait until I catch my breath. Let my heartbeat returns to normal at rest. Let me feel comfortable enough to be. And look around me. At this point, you're already at my side. Watching the world with me. Lying beside me as if we've done this together our whole lives. As if you were always a part of me. Even before I knew you.

It is in this hour that I dare look into your eyes. And let you look into mine. I let you face me. Put my hand in front of your face. Run my fingers down from your forehead to your nose, always holding my breath a bit too long as I go down your lips and to your chin. I let my palm feels you before I let it glide through your hairs. Always gentle, always slow. Remembering every curve, every shape. Reliving every single step, every single movement. Over. And Over.

Sometimes I talk to you. Tell you things I wish to say. Of so many stories. Of so many songs. But most times, I just stay in the silence with you. In this hour that nobody knows.

Here, we make our garden. Filled with beautiful things that will never see the light of the day. Hand-in-hand. Laughing at times. Maybe crying occasionally too. But most times, just oblivious to the world turning to end this hour. And bring us back to the world where you and I could never be.

Here, I leave my guard by the gate. And meet you as I wish you to see me. My heart is laid bare and my eyes are only on you. Here, there are no whispers, no gossip-mongers and no rules that bind me with no room to stray.

Here, I can love you like you deserve to be loved. Take care of you like I wish I could. And explore you like a hidden jewel meant only for me. Let you discover me. The sights I keep only for you.










No comments: